White asparagus rolls
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 12 stalks of aspargo bianco di bassano DOP about 12 cm long
- 12 slices of smoked pancetta (or bacon)
- 6 eggs
- 70 ml of single cream
- 200g of grated Vezzena cheese
- Worcester sauce
- 3 l of water
- salt and pepper
Dish from Northern Italy for the lovers of strong tastes who are not afraid... to get fat!
- Fill a pan with the water and put on the heat.
- Wash all the asparaguses.
- As the water boils, put them in.
- Boil the for 15 minutes.
- Drain them.
- Wrap a slice of pancetta around each asparagus.
- Put the wrapped asparaguses on a baking tin.
- Pop the eggs open in a bowl and whisk them.
- Pour the single cream in.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a teaspoon of Worcester sauce.
- Pour the grated Vezzena in.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Pour the mix on the aspraguses.
- Put the baking tin in the oven and cook for 15 minutes at 180°C.
- Serve 3 stalks per person.
- Eat hot.