Vegetables and chestnuts Minestrone
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 100 g of potatoes
- 80 g of celery
- 80 g of carrots
- 100 g of onions
- 100 g of Savoy cabbage
- 5o g of dried beans soaked for one night
- 200 g of boiled chestnuts
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
A fine aromatic soup from Northern Italy (Verona, Veneto) for winter evenings. Enjoy it with nice glass of red wine in front of the fireplace.
- Peel potatoes, carrots and onions.
- Cut all the vegetables in small cubes (about 1 cm).
- Wash and drain the vegetables.
- Put them in a pot.
- Cover the vegetables with water,
- Season with salt.
- Bring the water to a boil on high heat.
- Pu the lid on the pot and let it simmer for 2 hours on low heat.
- Add the boiled chestnuts.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- If necessary, season again with salt.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of black pepper and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.