Supa da ajo (Garlic soup)
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 thin slices of stale bread
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of extravirgin olive oil
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 eggs
Recipe from Veneto, for people who love strong tastes. It is best enjoyed warm on autumn dinners.
- Crush the garlic cloves.
- Pour the oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the garlic.
- Remove the oil and put it in a cup.
- Put the bread slices in an earthenware pan.
- Pour the oil in.
- Pour the hot chicken stock in.
- Season with salt.
- Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pop the eggs open and whisk them in a saucer.
- Pour them slowly in the soup.
- Cook for 3 minutes stirring continuously.
- Serve hot.