Ingredients for 4 people:
- 250 g of Farro di Monteleone di Spoleto DOP
- 70 g of smoked pancetta or bacon
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 100 g of peeled tomatoes
- 100 g of pecorino cheese
- 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 500 ml of vegetable stock
A typical dish from Umbria, light, nutritious and tasty: it is fantastic both hot and cold.
- Soak the spelt in water of 8 hours.
- Finely chop onion and celery.
- Put the in a pot with the oil
- Brown then for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Cut tomatoes, pancetta and potato in small cubes and pour them in the pot.
- Cook of 10 minutes stirring continuously.
- Pour the spelt in.
- Cook for 2 minutes stirring thoroughly.
- Pour the hot stock in.
- Season with salt.
- Cook on low heat for 30 minutes stirring frequently.
- If the soup dries, add some hot water.
- Sprinkle with pecorino cheese before serving.