Pesto alla genovese
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 3 small bundles of Basilico genovese DOP
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of pine seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Parmigiano
- 1 tablespoon of pecorino cheese
- 5 tablespoons of extravirgin olive oil
An ultra-traditional recipe from Northern Italy (Genova, Liguria). Originaly conceived as a pasta sauce, it is fantastic in minestrone, on polenta and every time you want a fresh taste reminding of summer.
- Wash the basil leaves.
- Dry them with a cloth.
- Puth basil, pine seeds and garlic in a mortar and crush them for 8 minutes, until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add Parmigiano and pecorino and keep crushing for 3 minutes.
- Add the oil little by little.