Ingredients for 4 people:
- 400 g of Farina di Castagne della Lunigiana DOP
- 500 ml of cold water
A simple and tasty chestnut flour bread, typical of Northern Central Italy (Massa Carrara, Tuscany).
- Pour the chestnut flour in a bowl.
- Pour the water slowly in the bowl and stir continuously to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients until the batter is smooth and has reached a medium density.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking plate.
- Stir the batter and pour it on the plate with a ladle, forming small loafs of 8 cm diameter and 1 cm thick.
- Bake them in the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes (test with a tooth pick: prick a loaf with it, if it comes out clean, the pancake is ready).
- Pancakes last for some days.