Olive all'Ascolana (Deep Fried Ascoli Olives)
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 kg of tender Oliva Ascolana del Piceno DOP in brine
- 100 g of chicken breast
- 100 g of beef
- 100 g of pork meat
- 80 g of Parmigiano Reggiano
- 30 g of chopped soft inner part of bread
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1/2 onion
- 250 ml of white wine
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 200 g of flour
- 200 g of bread crumbs
- 0.5 l of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of extra-vigin olive oil
A classic - maybe the best - Italian fried dish, which spread all over the country from Central Italy (Ascoli Piceno, Marche).
- Finely chop onion, carrot and celery.
- Cut all the meat in small cubes.
- Pour a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil in a pan.
- Put the pan on low heat for 3 minutes
- Add the chopped onion, carrot and celery and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour the white wine in.
- Cook on low heat foe 30 minutes.
- Pit the olives eith a single helix-shaped cut.
- Finely chop the meat with the mixer.
- Put in in a bowl.
- Add soft bread, 1 egg, Parmigiano Reggiano, nutmeg and lemon zest.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Fill the olives with the meat mix.
- Pop 2 eggs open and whisk them in a bowl.
- Pour the flour in another bowl.
- Pour the bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Sink each olive first in the flour, then in the whisked eggs and finally in the bread crumbs.
- Put the olive oil in a deep pan.
- Put the pan on medium heat and wait until the oil is hot.
- Pour the stuffed olives in.
- Deep fry them until they reach a golden color.
- Drain them and serve hot.