Mushroom, ricotta and pecorino strudel
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 200 g of flour
- 100 g of ricotta cheese
- 80 g of butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 100 g of porcini mushrooms
- 350 g of champignon mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic
- 5o g of Pecorino Romano DOP
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Aromas of the woods of Lazio (Central Italy) countryside combined in a perfect appetizer, which could easily be served as a main course.
- Peel the garlic.
- Remove the dirt of the mushrooms with a knife.
- Clean them with a wet cloth.
- Cut them.
- Pour the oil, a teaspoon of butter and 1 garlic clove in a pan.
- Brown the garlic for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add the mushrooms and season with salt.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Grate the pecorino cheese.
- Place the flour on a board and make a small hole in its center.
- Place the egg yolk in the center of the hole.
- Add the crumbled ricotta cheese and 80 g of butter in small pieces.
- Mix until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- Place in in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough in a thin pastry.
- Place mushrooms and pecorino cheese on it.
- Roll the pastry and seal the edges.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Place some baking paper on a baking plate.
- Place the strudel on the baking plate.
- Cook in the oven at 180°C for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.