Linguine with ricotta cheese and cauliflower
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 360 g of linguine
- 200 g of Ricotta Romana DOP
- 200 g of cauliflower tops
- 1 golden onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped nut kernels
- 1 thyme stalk
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 lt. of water
- salt and pepper
A vegetable based first course with a delicate but tasty flavour, made with products of the countryside of Lazio, in Central Italy.
- Peel the onion and the garlic clove.
- Chop them finely.
- Pour the oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped garlic and onion.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Place the ricotta cheese in a pot.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of hot water on the cheese.
- Mix until you have a smooth cream.
- Pour the water in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add 2 pinches of salt in the water.
- Pour the pasta and the cauliflower tops in the boiling water.
- Cook according to the cooking time of the pasta.
- Drain al dente.
- Pour linguine and cauliflower in the pan with the onions and garlic.
- Cook on high heat for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat and pour the pasta and the soffritto in the pot with the ricotta.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Sprinkle with thyme and chopped nut kernels.
- Serve hot.