Grilled eggplants and Casatella Trevigiana DOP Millefoglie
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 long eggplants
- 300 g of Casatella Trevigiana DOP
- 4 nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of pickled capers
- extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh parsley
- 4 slices of corn bread
- salt and pepper
A perfect dish from Northern Italy (Treviso, Veneto) for a summer dinner.
- Peel the eggplants.
- Cut them in slices 7 mm thick.
- Drizzle them with salt.
- Let them rest for 2 hours.
- Rinse and dry them.
- Put the grill on the heat.
- Place the eggplants on the grill and cook the for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the salt from the capers.
- Rinse them and dry them.
- Chop parsley, garlic, nut kernels and capers.
- Cut the Casatella Trevigiana in thin slices.
- Grease a baking plat with a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Place 1/3 of the eggplants on the baking plate.
- Cover them with half of the Casatella slices.
- Spread 1/3 of the parsley, garlic, nuts and capers mix on top of the cheese.
- Place 1/3 of the eggplants on top of the mix.
- Cover with the remaining cheese.
- Place 1/3 of the mix on top of the cheese.
- Place the remaining eggplants on top of that.
- Cover with the last third of the mix.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.