Ingredients for 4 people:
- 450 g of Fontina DOP
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 glass of milk
A perfect dish for cold winter nights in the mountains of Northern Italy (Valle d'Aosta) and everywhere!
- Cut the Fontina in small cubes.
- Put it in a pot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Add 1 glass of cold milk.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Let the mix rest for 30 minutes.
- Cook on medium heat mixing with the wooden spoon carefully avoiding to bring the Fontina to a boil.
- When the Fontina reaches a temperature of 60°C (it must be completely melted), turn off the heat and add the 4 egg yolks.
- Turn the heat ion again and cook until the mix reaches 70°C stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat.
- Pour the fonduta in 4 bowls.
- Serve very hot alongside bread crostini.