Cookie with Castagne di Vallerano DOP
For the chestnut cookies:
- 250 g of Castagna di Vallerano DOP (Vallerano Chestnuts)
- 200 g of butter
- 200 g of icing sugar
- 100 g of 00 flour
- 6 eggs whites
- 2 bags of vanillin
- baking paper
For the chocolate sauce:
- 100 g of dark chocolate
- 30 g of butter
- 6 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of icing sugar
This fruit, coming from Central Italy (Viterbo, Lazio), is good for both courses and desserts... in this case, we have a dessert.
Chestnut cookies recipe:
- Carve the chestnuts on the flat side with a knife.
- Put them in a pot.
- Cover them with cold water.
- Add a bag of vanillin.
- Cook for 1.5 hours.
- Strain them, then peel them.
- Sift them out with a fine sieve.
- Put the butter and 200 g of sugar in a bowl.
- Mix them until you have a smooth compound.
- Add the chestnut paste and the other vanillin bag.
- Mix until you have a smooth compound.
- Add the egg withes one at a time.
- Pour in the flour.
- Mix until you get a smooth compound.
- Put a sheet of baking paper on a baking plate.
- Pour mix on the paper using a spoon in well-spaced discs of about 4 cm diameter.
- Cook in the oven at 180°C for 7 minutes.
- Take the plate out of the oven.
- Put the sheet with the cookies on a marble surface to cool down.
- Take another sheet of baking paper and repeat the process until you finish the mix.
Chocolate sauce recipe:
- Put the chocolate in a small pan with a heavy bottom.
- Add the butter and a teaspoon of sugar.
- Melt in very low heat stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
- Pour the egg yolk in.
- Stir vigorously to mix.
- Whip the mix until it becomes fluffy.
- Pour the chocolate cream in 4 bowls.
- Serve along with the chestnuts cookies.