Conchiglioni stuffed with Canestrato Pugliese
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 320 g of conchiglioni pasta
- 150 g of grated Canestrato pugliese DOP
- 100 g of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 150 g of ham steak
- 100 g of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion
- salt and pepper
A recipe from Southern Italy (Foggia and Bari, Puglia) perfect for the cold winter nights. Simple ingredients for a rich dish.
- Pour 3 l of water in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Pour the conchiglioni in and cook them.
- Remove them 2 minutes less than the cooking time indicated on the box.
- Strain them and cool them under running cold water.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Put them in a pan with 40 g of butter.
- Cook for 5 minutes in low heat.
- Cut the ham in small stripes and put it in the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Put the Canestrato pugliese in a bowl.
- Add the onion, ham and butter soffritto.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pop the eggs and pour them ine bowl.
- Stir the ingredients thoroughly.
- Stuff the conchiglioni with the mix.
- Grease a baking plate with some butter.
- Put the stuffed conchiglioni in the plate.
- Pour some butter flakes over the conchiglioni.
- Drizzle with grated Parmigiano.
- Cook in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.