Cinta Sense DOP leg with red wine
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 kg of leg of Cinta Senese DOP
- 0,5 l of red wine
- 50 g of lard
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5 leaves of laurel
- 5 leaves of sage
- 1 stalk of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of juniper berries
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of mustard
- salt and pepper
A tasty recipe from Central Italy (Tuscany) for a rich dish, perfect for a Sunday lunch.
- Place the pork leg in a bowl with wine, rosemary, laurel, sage, juniper berries, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Put it in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
- Remove the pork leg and dry it.
- Cut some small dents in the meat.
- Place the lard in the dents.
- Spread the mustard all over the meat.
- Place the leg on a baking plate and pour with 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Put it in the oven at 180°C and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour, the herbs, the berries and half the wine used to marinate the pork leg in the baking plate.
- Put the baking plate back in the oven.
- Cook for 2 hours, turning the meat once in a while.
- Serve hot.