Chocolate Cilento Figs
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 g of Fico Bianco del Cilento DOP
- 200 g of toasted almonds
- 150 g of candied fruit
- 150 g of dark chocolate
- 100 g of confectioner's sugar
A sweet treat from Southern Italy (Salerno, Campania).
- Carve the figs.
- Stuff them with the almonds and candied fruit.
- Seal them.
- Cook for 15 minutes in the oven at 180°C.
- Put the chocolate in a small skillet.
- Add a tablespoon of water.
- Melt on very low heat (you can also use the microwave oven).
- Dip the stuffed figs in the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with the confectioner's sugar.
- Serve cool.