Chicken with Pontecorvo Bell Peppers
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 cleaned and eviscerated chicken ready for cooking
- 4 Peperoni di Pontecorvo DOP
- 10 Pachino tomatoes
- 1 onion - 1 clove of garlic
- 1 leaf of laurel
- 100 g of flour
- 2 glasses of dry white wine
- 2 ladles of stock
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
The sweet flavour of the Peperone di Potecorvo DOP, a town in Central Italy (Frosinone, Lazio), highlights the delicate taste of chicken in a classic Italian dish.
- Cut the chicken in 8 pieces.
- Cover them with flour.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a pan.
- Add the chicken.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add a glass of white wine.
- Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Peel the garlic clove and cut it in half.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Wash the bell peppers and cut them in small pieces.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Put 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in another pan.
- Put on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, onion and the laurel leaf.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers.
- Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the white wine in.
- Cook on medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Season with salt.
- Cook on medium heat for 8 minutes more.
- Add the chicken in the bell peppers pan.
- Pour a ladle of stock in.
- Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Take off the heat.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve hot.