Cavatelli with tomato, black olives La Bella della Daunia and rocket
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 400 g of cavatelli
- 500 g of San Marzano tomatoes
- 60 g of black olives La Bella della Daunia DOP
- 100 g of rocket
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
Inviting pasta with rocket and olives from Southern Italy (Foggia, Puglia).
- Wash the rocket.
- Wash, peel and chop the tomatoes into stripes.
- Put 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Peel the garlic.
- Stone the olives and cut them into pieces.
- Put on a low heat for 1 minute.
- Add 2 garlic cloves.
- Cook on a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Add the olives.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Put 4 lt. of water in a pot and bring it to the boil on a high heat.
- Add 2 pinches of coarse salt.
- Add the cavatelli and the rocket.
- Cook on a medium heat for the indicated time.
- Put in a bowl.
- Add tomatoes and olives.
- Serve hot.