Broccoli and kidney beans soup
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 kg of green broccoli
- 300g of dried Fagiolo Cannellino di Atina DOP
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk od celery
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 slices of casarereccio bread
- chili pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
A soup from Central Italy (Frosinone, Lazio) made with simple ingredients, but rich in taste.
- Pour 3 l of cold water in a pot.
- Puor the kidney beans, the carrot, the onion and the celery stalk in.
- Bring the pot to a boil.
- Let it simmer for 1 hour.
- Strain the beans, taking care to keep the water.
- Wash the broccoli.
- Pour 4 l of water in another pot.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Pour the broccoli in.
- Cook them for 5 minutes.
- Strain them.
- Put a tablespoon of oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Add garlic and chili pepper.
- Brown them for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the broccoli.
- Cook on medium heat.
- Add the kidney bean and stir.
- Pour the beans' water at will.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Toast the bread slices and put them in 4 bowls.
- Pour the soup on the bread slices.
- Pour a little olive oil in each bowl and serve.