Boar stew with olives
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 kg of boar meat
- 300 g of canned tomatoes
- 250 g of La Bella di Daunia DOP olives
- 2 onions
- 4 carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 glass of red wine
- 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of juniper berries
- 2 leaves of laurel
- 4 leaves of sage
- 2 stalks of rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 1 chili pepper
- 500 ml of vinegar
- salt and pepper
A traditional Tuscan dish, enriched by the best olive from Puglia.
- Wash the boar meat thoroughly.
- Cut it in small chunks.
- Put it in a bowl filled with water and vinegar.
- Season with all the herbs (parsley, 1 onion, garlic, 1 carrot, 1 stalk of celery, laurel, juniper berries, sage, rosemary).
- Marinate in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Drain the meat.
- Put it in a pan on high heat to let the water evaporate.
- Drain the water.
- Finely chop 1 onion, 3 carrots, 1 small stalk of rosemary and 2 stalk of celery.
- Add the chopped herbs in the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes in low heat.
- Add the chili pepper, juniper berries, chopped capers and black olives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Brown for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour the red wine in the pan.
- Let it evaporate on high heat.
- Add the tomatoes and a glass of water.
- Cook on very low heat for 2 hours.
- Serve hot with polenta or boiled potatoes.