Asparagus and Castelmagno timbale
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 320 g of superfino rice
- 200 g of Castelmagno DOP
- 30 g of single cream
- 16 asparagus
- 1/2 onion
- 1 l of stock
- 60 g of butter
- salt and pepper
A dish from Northern Italy (Cuneo, Piemonte) for a special autumn dinner.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Wash the asparagus.
- Cut the top of 8 asparagus.
- Put a pot with 1 l of water on medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- Pour the other 8 asparagus in the pot and cook them for 5 minutes.
- Drain them and put them aside.
- Put 20 g of butter in a pan and melt it on low heat.
- Add the chopped onion and brown it for 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus tops and stems.
- Cook on low heat for 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook on medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add a ladle of stock and let it evaporate.
- Add one ladle of stock at a time and wait for it to evaporate before the next one.
- Cook for 20 minutes stirring continuously.
- Cut the Castelamgno DOP in small cubes.
- Add 150 g of Catelmagno in the rice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat.
- Add the butter and stir, then let it rest for 2 minutes.
- Grease a pudding mould with butter.
- Pour the rice in the mould.
- Let it cool and thicken.
- Put the single cream and 50 g of Castelmagno in a pan.
- Cook on low heat until it thickens to a fluid cream.
- Pour the Castelmagno cream on a serving plate.
- Turn the mould with the rice timbale upside down on the plate and.
- Garnish with the 8 boiled asparagus and serve.