Arancia di Ribera DOP donut
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 3 eggs
- 250 g of sugar
- 200 ml of Arancia di Ribera DOP juice
- grated zest of 1 Arancia di Ribera DOP
- 200 ml of extra-virgin olive oil
- 200 g of corn starch
- 100g of kamut or spelt flour
- 1 sachet of vanilla-flavoured baking powder
A donut suited for coeliacs (and not!) with a scent of Sicilian oranges.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and keep them away.
- Whip the yolks with the sugar until the mix becomes foamy.
- Add the orange juice, the grated zest and the oil.
- Whip for some minutes, until the mix is once again smooth.
- Add the flour and the baking powder.
- Whip until the mix is smooth.
- Add the stiff egg whites.
- Wrap a cake mould with baking paper.
- Pour the mix in the mould.
- Cook in the oven for 40 minutes at 180°C.
- Let it cool and serve.